Accademia di Vino- Wine Bar, Enoteca1081 3rd Avenue at 64th Street, NYC
Italian, Wine, Manhattan
In the mood for a couple glasses of wine? Maybe you have not eaten all day and need a full meal? Accademia di Vino has it all. Walk in, make a left and sit down at the wine bar and choose from an endless wine menu. We were hungry, so we headed straight downstairs to the wine cellar and dining room. After trying to read through all the choices of wines, we finally decided to start with some Tuscan wine and the meat and cheese plate. The main course selections consists of simple and traditional Italian dishes. Everyone agreed that the meals were fine but the highlight of the meal had to be the meat and cheese plates that paired so well with the wine. To end this simple meal in true Italian style, order some glasses of Limoncello and espressos. CIN CIN!
- Rosso di Montalcino, La Fortuna Zeta, Toscana 2005 (2+2)
- Limoncello (A + K)
- Salumi Board- pick 3- Soppressata, Prosciutto di Parma, Bresaola (2+2)
- Formaggi Board- pick 5- Taleggio, Pecorino Foglia di Noce, Coach Farm Triple Creme Goat, Parmigiano Reggiano, Robiola (2+2)
- Chicken Milanese (A)
- Mussels, Manila Clams, Chilies (K)
- Bavette Cacio e Pepe, Virgin Olive Oil, Cracked Black Pepper, Pecorino Romano (L)
- Spaghetti Pomodoro e Basilico (M)
- Pizza alla Nutella with vanilla gelato (2+2)
A: I’ve passed this place hundreds of times as I get off of the bridge and always thought it looks so charming. The food was tasty and had good ambiance… lots of good snacking to be had here.
K: This was my third timing dining at Accademia di Vino. The food and wine are always consistently great! The mussels here are among the best I’ve had in NYC…and what sets them apart from the rest are the chili peppers; what a great addition to a plate of mussels. This place has a great ambiance… you really feel like you are dining in a wine cellar!
L: It was the best Cacio e Pepe I have ever had even if it was the first time I have ever eaten it. Thick, cheesy and the perfect amount of olive oil. I even sopped up the sauce at the bottom of the bowl with the bread on the table. On a side note, I would like to come back here to sit upstairs at the bar. It looked relaxing in there.
M: The Cheese plate, the meats and Spaghetti was good, wine was even better, everything was going great and I couldn’t wait for the Nutella Pizza, and then… a little bit of a let down. Burnt Pizza bread… Not good. Go with something else next time. But the coffee saved it! No sugar needed, that’s always a plus.
* The Scene- Large in size, but intimate in feel.
* Food/Drinks- 3: Pleasantly surprised
* Tip Worthy- 3: Gratuity included
* Coordinates- 3: 10 minute ride to fun
* Restaurant Return Rate- Yellow: If we are in the area
* Price per person- $30.00