@ The Peninsula Hotel700 Fifth Avenue @55th Street, NYC
212-903-3097 www.salondening.com www.peninsula.com Chinese/ International, Cocktails, Manhattan
The 23rd floor, please! Straight to the top! Salon de Ning is located on the rooftop terrace of the Peninsula Hotel. Located just off 5th Avenue, Salon de Ning is the perfect break from shopping… kick your feet back on the terrace or in the yacht-inspired bar and have a cocktail (you deserve it after all that shopping!).
As anything goes in New York, you pay for location. With panoramic views of Manhattan, expect to pay a pretty penny for cocktails at Salon de Ning; however, count on your experience here being the event. Spend a warm, sunny afternoon here, enjoying the outdoor terrace… or a spring or summer evening to view all of the city lights… or, as A+K experienced it, sitting just off the terrace, indoors, in the middle of a rainstorm. In any setting, it truly provides a magnificent vista. With the hours of operation being 4pm-1am daily, decide on the backdrop you’d most love to view Manhattan.
Though we didn’t have any food while here, Salon de Ning does offer a handful of bar snacks, including an Artisanal Cheese Plate and a Trio of Sandwiches. The rooftop terrace can also be reserved for private parties; it would be a truly unique venue for a special event.
Even with a grand price for cocktails, the ambiance will take your breath away. We highly recommend a stop here… and we’ll certainly be back!
- Grey Goose Orange with St. Germain Martini (A)
- Ning Sling [Absolut Mandarin, Soho Lychee Liqueur, Fresh Mint Leaves Shaken with Lychee and Passion Fruit Juices] (K)
A: Holy Moly! This view is worth every penny of the $22 cocktail! I’ve never seen such a lovely, birds eye look at 5th Avenue. Just think of it like paying admission to an observation deck that also comes with a glass of vodka… that’s worth it, right?
K: Definitely the most expensive cocktail I’ve ever had… but the view is unbeatable.
Our Rating Scales…
- Scene- A Shanghai-inspired salon and terrace with dramatic views of Manhattan
- Drinks- 4: Stellar! Wouldn’t change a thing.
- Tip Worthy- 3: Gratuity Included.
- Coordinates- 5: A slice of heaven- Fun is right next door (after you descend 23 floors)!
- Return Rate- Green! Those views are well worth spending $22 for cocktails.