Citta Nuova29 Newton Lane, East Hampton
Italian, Cocktails, Suffolk
|Outdoor seating looking on to the bar|
Fantastic location and great people watching right in downtown East Hampton. You will be surprised at the prices at this loungy, Italian cafe and bar- in a good way! Food and drinks are well priced, creative and high quality. Stop in for lunch while shopping in town- the vibe is casual… but remember, you are in THE hampton… casual doesn’t have quite the same definition here.
Citta Nuova offers a variety of salads, pizzas, pastas and paninis. The dinner menu expands on the antipasti offerings and adds many types of local seafood to the menu. For our lunch we started off with the antipasti Verdura Mista, a cold assortment of vegetables and olives. Then on to the Prosciutto Crudo panini (prosciutto, stracchino cheese, white truffle oil on ciabatta bread) and the Frittata special of the day. We finished up with gelato… homemade, and the Panna Cotta al Limone with warm berry compote. Everything was as tasty as it sounds! After dark, definitely hit up the bar for some cocktails. The bar and front of the restaurant are open to the main drag. The vibe is young and happening and right in the middle of the action.
Antipasti Verdura Mista
Prosciutto Crudo Panini (Prosciutto, Stracchino Cheese, White Truffle Oil, Ciabatta Bread)
Frittata Special of the Day
Panna Cotta al Limone
A: An ideal, central location with plenty of yummy dishes and ample people watching. A great way to spend the afternoon.
L: The people watching is worth the price itself, but it helps that the food is excellent too.
- Scene- Hip, Swanky and Happening
- Food and Drinks- 4: Stellar! Wouldn’t change a thing. Creative cocktails with upgrades to a casual Italian meal.
- Tip Worthy- 3: Gratuity Included. The place was packed… it was hard to grab your waiter.
- Coordinates- 4: Neighborhood- Centrally located, lots to do…. if you love to shop, window shop and then hit the shops…
- Restaurant Return Rate- Green light! I’ll be back later for drinks.